How To Remove the Smell of Smoke From Your Home
Removing the smell of smoke from your home can be very difficult, especially if the cause of the odor is from a house fire or continued indoor smoking. If you’ve done all that you can do and the smoky smell simply won’t go away, it’s time to seek help from smoke cleaning services. These professionals will have the necessary equipment and expertise to rid your home of smoke for good. If you do employ the help of these experts to deodorize your home in Glendale, AZ, here is what you can expect.
Causes of a Smoke Smell in Your Home
The method used to remove a smoke odor from your home can vary depending on the cause. If the smell is a result of any of the following causes you’ll need to rely on professional deodorization services:
- Cigarette smoke
- Smoke damage from a house fire
- Lingering smoke smell from burnt food
- Fireplace smoke
The Deodorization Process
When a smoke cleaning specialist visits your home, they’ll use a variety of methods and processes to completely rid your home of the smoke odor. After identifying the source, they’ll use equipment such as air filtration devices, ozone machines, and thermal foggers to remove the odor.
- Air Filtration Devices: Air filtration devices use HEPA filters, activated carbon filters, or other types of filters to catch odorous contaminants and remove them from the surrounding air.
- Ozone Machines: Ozone machines release ozone, molecules with an added oxygen atom, into the air to directly attack odors by changing their chemical structure and destroying them completely.
- Thermal Foggers: Thermal fogging works by releasing a mist into the air with particles close in size to smoke that will help neutralize any odors it comes into contact with.
No one enjoys the smell of smoke in their home or the negative health effects that lingering smoke causes. Professional smoke cleaning services are your best line of action in battling this unwanted odor.